Day 1 – Barcelona
Day 2 – Barcelona
Day 3 – Arrive in Rioja
Day 4 – San Sebastián
Day 5 – Bilbao
Day 6 – Bilbao, end of journey
The day begins with your arrival at the airport. We have organised a transfer to your magnificent hotel, which we have selected specially for your stay in this beautiful city.
Depending on your arrival time and your interests, your assigned travel expert will recommend the best things to do and see for your first day in Barcelona.
For this first night in Barcelona we have selected for you a very special restaurant that offers a modern interpretation of the best traditional Catalan food. Excellent wines.
Having enjoyed your delicious breakfast, today you will be able to enjoy some of the many things to see and do in Barcelona.
The tour includes 3 different gastronomic alternatives for you to choose from today: a gastronomic tour in a small group of the wine region close to the city of Barcelona, a gastronomic tour of the city´s most famous market, or, an evening tasting menu at a Michelin star restaurant in Barcelona.
Depending on your interests, your designated tour expert will recommend the best way to spend your day in Barcelona.
The day starts with an early breakfast to go to the train station and catch the train to Logroño, the capital of Rioja. A driver will be waiting for you at the station in Logroño, to accompany you for the whole day. They will first drive you to your hotel, located in the charming walled town of Laguardia. This town is a fine example of the ancient walled towns found in the North of Spain. We have chosen for you possibly the most charming hotel in Rioja.
Next, you will drive through some the best Riojan vineyard landscapes on your way to visit a traditional family winery, which produces high quality wines. After your winery visit your driver will take you to one of the best restaurants in Rioja, where a tasting menu of the best Riojan vanguard cooking awaits.
Having enjoyed a fantastic meal, you will visit a second winery, which has a different style to the first. One possible option is to opt for a visit of the fascinating Museum of Wine, famous for its unique take on wine culture.
Your driver will leave you in the wine town of Laguardia at 18:00. You will be able to relax in your hotel, and stroll around this enchanting area of Rioja Alavesa.
After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, your driver will pick-up you up at an agreed time to drive you to San Sebastian, possibly the most beautiful and elegant city in the North of Spain. The journey, mostly on fast highways, will show you the beautiful vineyard landscapes of the North of Spain.
The hotel that we have chosen for your stay is possibly the most beautiful hotel in the city. Today you will have time to discover the city: the lovely Playa de la Concha beach, the old fishing quarter, the elegant shops and the cultural activities that take place in the Kursaal auditorium.
For the afternoon we have organised a guided tour for you to discover the ´pintxos´ culture of San Sebastian (the Northern version of tapas that are usually small pieces of bread topped with delicious toppings). Together with your guide, you will stop at 6 local taverns, each with a different personality and specialising in a different style of tapas or pintxos.
Depending on the date, or your preferences, the guided ´pintxos´ tour could be substituted with an evening meal at one of the Michelin star restaurants of San Sebastian.
Today you start the day with breakfast at your charming hotel in San Sebastian. Depending on whether you would like to continue exploring San Sebastian, or start the next leg of your trip, your driver will wait until you are ready to move on to the fantastic city of Bilbao.
The comfortable drive to Bilbao will take you through the beautiful and picturesque area of the Basque coast. To make the most out of your journey, we will first take a more scenic route off the highway to be able to see the beautiful area of Guetaria and its stunning North coast landscapes.
On arriving in Bilbao you will have time to relax at the fantastic hotel that we have chosen for you. The hotel is perfectly located to visit the city and its most fascinating monuments. Bilbao has transformed itself from an industrial city into a hugely important cultural centre, with huge artistic and gastronomic value, and there is so much to explore.
Depending on your interests, we will recommend the best things to do for your stay in Bilbao, to make the most out of your time here.
The day will end with a high quality evening meal at a Michelin star restaurant. The menu that we have selected for you will consist of 8 fantastic dishes.
The fantastic wine has been selected especially to pair with these dishes.
After breakfast, your journey comes to an end. Depending on your travel plans, you will set off for the airport, another location in Spain (such as Madrid) or continue to explore the secrets of Bilbao. You could also continue your journey Northwards towards Galicia in the North West, looping around to stop at the natural paradise of Asturias and finishing on the pilgrim trail to the fantastic city of Santiago. Just let us know your preferences.
Honeymoon - Barcelona and Northern Spain
This tour allows you to combine two fantastic experiences of Spain together in one, without the need for a car. You will stay in high quality hotels, enjoy the best gastronomy and feel like a local. You will be able to enjoy the Cosmopolitan city of Barcelona with its art and Mediterranean spirit, as well as discover the Northern part of the country with its rich gastronomy, fantastic wine, and beautiful cities and villages
- Forget the need for a car
- Enjoy the recommendations made by your designated travel expert, based on your interests
- A selection of luxury hotels, some of the best hotels in each area
- Enjoy Barcelona, with its Gaudí architecture, gothic quarter, the famous Las Ramblas street and views of the Mediterranean sea
- The best local gastronomy in Barcelona
- Enjoy the wine culture of Rioja
- Stunning vineyard landscapes and impressive winery architecture in Rioja
- One of the best restaurants in Rioja
- An opportunity to try ´pintxos´ (the Northern tradition of tapas) in San Sebastian
- 5 nights’ accommodation at the most charming hotels of each area
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- Pick-up from Barcelona airport and transfer to your hotel
- Highest quality evening meal with the best Catalan gastronomy in Barcelona
- Evening meal at a Michelin start restaurant in Barcelona (or a gastronomic tour of wineries close to Barcelona)
- Train from Barcelona to Logroño
- Driver for your day in Rioja: pick-up at the train station, transfer to your hotel and transport to your winery visits and restaurant
- 1 guided visit to a Riojan winery with a local expert. A small producer of very high quality wine
- 1 tasting menu elaborated by one of the best, and prize winning, chefs in Rioja. Wines included
- 1 guided visit to a second high-quality wine producer in Rioja or to the spectacular Museum of Wine in Rioja
- Transport by car from your hotel in Rioja to San Sebastian
- 1 evening meal of a ´pintxos´ tour (the Northern version of tapas), guided by a local San Sebastian expert. Wine and drinks included
- Transport by car from San Sebastian to Bilbao
- 1 evening meal of 8 tasting plates at a Michelin star restaurant in Bilbao
- Detailed itinerary covering the whole trip, with recommendations of things to see in your free time, at every stage of the journey.
- 2 hours of trip personalisation time, to adapt the trip to your needs and preferences.
- Car rental (we can provide assistance to book a car for the duration of the trip)
- Airport transfers to and from the airport (we can offer this additional service on request, please contact us)
- Drinks or wines not in the ´Included section´, or hotel minibar access
- Trip insurance
- Anything not expressly listed in the ´Included´ section
- Price of the tour. 95% of the time the price quoted for the tour will be as on the tour page. However, in Spain there are a number of special festivals and holidays which may raise the price of certain local services, such as Easter, the Festival of San Mateo or San Fermines, etc. If you would like to make your reservation over some of these dates, this may mean that the given price may change. It would be a good idea to check your dates with us first or make your reservation in advance.
- How do I make my reservation?
To make your reservation proceed to the booking page by clicking on ´BOOK´ and filling out your dates and details. We require a 15% deposit to hold your reservation.
- I would like to do this trip, but I would like to make some changes
Absolutely, we would be happy to incorporate your preferences. If changes are minimal and would not change too many details, please do go ahead and book your tour through the BOOK portal, leaving us a note with your preferences. Your reservation already includes 2 hours extra ´personalised tour design´ work by one of our advisors, which should be enough time to make reasonable changes to the itinerary (see Included/Not Included section above)
- I would like to extend the trip and add another tour that I like
Yes, of course, please get in contact us with us with your preferences. Additionally, if you add another tour to this tour, you will receive a 5% discount on the second tour.
To make your reservation, please click on BOOK to select your dates and number of people. There is a 15% deposit of the total service to reserve the tour. The remaining amount can be paid when we send you your trip itinerary, or at least 30 days before the start of your trip.
If cancelled more than 30 days before the trip starts, 15% of the total trip price will be deducted to account for tour organisation and administration costs. If cancelled less than 30 days to the trip start date, a 30% fee will be deducted. Trips cancelled 7 days or less before the trip start date are non-refundable. We recommend taking out Travel Insurance.